- Assistant Dean for Digital Humanities Research, University of Maryland Libraries
Associate Director, Maryland Institute for Technology in the Humanities (MITH), University of Maryland, 2011 - present
- Research Assistant, Data Curation Education Program for the Humanities, University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign, 2010 - 2011
- Teaching Assistant, Graduate School of Library and Information Science, University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign, Fall 2010
- Data Curation Intern, Center for Digital Scholarship, Brown University, Summer 2010
- Database Designer/Developer, Witches in Early Modern England Project
University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign, 2009 - 2010
- Data Curation Fellow, Data Curation Education Program for the Humanities, University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign, 2009 - 2010
- Research Assistant, Center for Digital Research in the Humanities, University of Nebraska-Lincoln, Summer 2009
- Program Assistant, King's Digital Consultancy Service
King's College London, Spring 2009
- M.S., data curation specialization, Library and Information Science, University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign, 2011
- M.A., with distinction, Digital Humanities, King's College London, 2009
- A.B., cum laude, English and American Literature and Language, Harvard University, 2005
Trevor Muñoz and Raffaele Viglianti. (2014). Texts and Documents: New Challenges for TEI Interchange and Lessons from the Shelley-Godwin Archive. Journal of the Text Encoding Initiative, Issue 8. »
Trevor Muñoz. (2013). Data Curation as Publishing for the Digital Humanities. Journal of Digital Humanities 2.3. »
Nicholas Weber, Carole Palmer, Trevor Muñoz, and Allen Renear. (2013). Foundations of data curation: The pedagogy and practice of 'purposeful work' with data. Archive Journal. »
Trevor Muñoz. (2013). 360°: Data Curation. Archive Journal. »
Simon Tanner, Trevor Muñoz, and Pich Hemy Ros. (2009). Measuring Mass Text Digitization Quality and Usefulness. D-Lib Magazine, July/ August. »
Trevor Muñoz and Jennifer Guiliano. (2014). Making Digital Humanities Work. To be presented at Digital Humanities 2014, July 8-12, 2014, Lausanne, Switzerland.
Trevor Muñoz, Raffaele Viglianti, and Neil Fraistat. (2013). Texts and Documents: New challenges for TEI interchange and the possibilities for participatory archives. Presented at the Text Encoding Initiative Members' Meeting, October 2-5, 2013, Rome, Italy.
Robin Dasler, Trevor Muñoz, and Karl Nilsen. (2013). Beyond the Repository: Rethinking Data Services at the University of Maryland. Contributed paper for Special Libraries Association 2013 Conference, June 9-11, 2013, San Diego, CA. »
Trevor Muñoz and Allen Renear. (2011). Issues in Humanities Data Curation. Discussion paper for the Humanities Data Curation Summit, June 23, Palo Alto, CA. »
Trevor Muñoz, Virgil Varvel, Allen H. Renear, Kevin Trainor, and Molly Dolan. (2011). Tasks vs. Roles: A Center Perspective on Data Curation Needs in the Humanities. Presented at Digital Humanities 2011, June 19-22, 2011, Stanford University, Palo Alto, CA.
Invited Talks and Presentations
Trevor Muñoz (2014). Digital Humanities & Libraries — Taking a Long View. Keynote presentation at the 2014 Meeting of the Libraries of Drexel University, Temple University & the University of Pennsylvania, Temple University, January 15, 2014, Philadelphia, PA.
Trevor Muñoz (2013). The significance of the frontier in digital scholarship. Keynote presentation at the Digital Frontiers Conference, University of North Texas, September 19-21, Denton, TX. »
Trevor Muñoz (2013). The average digital humanist has 2.5 programmers. Keynote presentation at the Liberal Arts Scholarship and Technology Summit 2013, Penn State University, August, 14-15, 2013, State College, PA. »
Trevor Muñoz (2013). Data curation as "publishing" for digital humanists. Panel presentation at the CIC Center for Library Initiatives Annual Conference 2013, May 22, 2013, Columbus, OH. »
Trevor Muñoz. (2013). Developing Community Capability for Digital Scholarship. Presentation to Digital Frontiers Webinar Series, University of North Texas, January 31, 2013, from College Park, MD.
Trevor Muñoz. (2012). "How to win at digital humanities." Presentation to Maryland History and Culture Collaborative & MARAC Maryland Caucus meeting, October 12, 2012, College Park, MD.
Trevor Muñoz. (2012). "Open scholarship :: digital scholarship." Panel presentation at the 160th ARL Membership Meeting, May 2-4, 2012, Chicago, IL. »
Trevor Muñoz. (2012). Discovering our models: aiming at metaleptic markup applications through TEI customization. Paper presented at the Knowledge Organization and Data Modeling in the Humanities symposium, March 14-16, 2012, Providence, R.I.
Trevor Muñoz. (2011). "The Impact of Open Access and Open Repositories on Research in the Humanities". Panel presentation at the Berlin 9 Open Access Conference 2011, November 9-10, 2011, Washington, D.C.
Megan Senseney, Trevor Muñoz, Julia Flanders, and Ali Fenlon. (2014). Digital Humanities Data Curation Institutes: Challenges and Preliminary Findings. To be presented at Digital Humanities 2014, July 8-12, 2014, Lausanne, Switzerland.
Karl Nilsen, Robin Dasler, Trevor Muñoz, and Sarah Hovde. (2013). The Position of Library-Based Research Data Services: What Funding Data Can Tell Us. Presented at the Research Data Access and Preservation (RDAP) Summit 2013, Baltimore, MD, April 4-5, 2013. »
Trevor Muñoz. (2012). From Barn Raising to Roadshow: Designing and Building a Web-based XML Editor through Community Collaboration. Presented at the Text Encoding Initiative Members' Meeting, November 7-10, 2012, College Station, TX. »
Allen H. Renear, Trevor Muñoz, and Kevin Trainor. (2010). Data Curation Education for the Humanities: Principles & Challenges. Presented at the Fifth Annual Chicago Colloquium on Digital Humanities and Computer Science, Evanston, IL.
Allen H. Renear, Molly Dolan, Kevin Trainor, and Trevor Muñoz. (2010). Extending an LIS Data Curation Curriculum to the Humanities: Selected Activities and Observations. Presented at the iConference, February 3-6, 2010, Champaign, IL.»
Panel, workshop, or seminar organizer
Trevor Muñoz, Jennifer Guiliano, Andrew Ashton, Zoe Borovsky, Elizabeth McAulay, Devin Becker, Annie Gaines, Allen Tullos. (2013). Past the First Bend in the Road: Reflections on the Development of Digital Scholarship Programs From Five Institutions. Presented at the Digital Library Federation Forum 2013, November 4-6, Austin, TX.
Trevor Muñoz, Harriett Green, Jean Bauer, Angela Courtney, and Glen Worthey. (2012). The Landscape of Digital Humanities Librarianship. Presented at the Digital Library Federation Forum 2012, November 4-5, Denver, CO.
Trevor Muñoz. (2012). Let's Dump Out All the Crayons (Accessing Digital Collections). THATCamp Digital Humanities and Libraraies, November 3, 2012, Denver, CO.
Allen Renear, Trevor Muñoz, and Katherine L. Walter. (2011). Towards a New Agenda for Humanities Data Curation. Presented at the Digital Library Federation Fall Forum 2011, October 31-November 1, Baltimore, MD.
Invited workshop or panel participant
Liberal Arts Colleges and Digital Scholarship Services Forum, November 3, 2013, Austin, TX.
Digital Curation Summit. Johns Hopkins Museum Studies Program, February 7-8, 2013, Washington, DC.
Workshop on Scholarly Production and Authoring. Scholarly Communication Institute, May 1-2, 2012, New York, NY.
- Principal Investigator, Katherine Anne Porter Correspondence Project, Katherine Anne Porter Literary Trust, $16,242
- Principal Investigator, ANGLES: a web-based XML Editor, National Endowment for the Humanities, Level II Start-up Grant, $49,929
- Principal Investigator, Digital Humanities Data Curation, National Endowment for the Humanities, Institutes for Advanced Topics in the Digital Humanities, $248,721
- Primary grant author, Maryland Digital Newspaper Project, National Endowment for the Humanities, National Digital Newspaper Program, $325,000
- Co-Instructor, Digital Humanities Data Curation Institute, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, University of Maryland, and Northeastern University, 2013-14.
- Guest Instructor, Taking TEI Further: TEI Customization workshop, Brown University, May 8-10, 2013.
- Co-Instructor, Data Curation for Digital Humanists class, Digital Humanities Winter Institute, University of Maryland, January 7-11, 2013.
- Guest Instructor, Taking TEI Further: TEI Customization workshop, Brown University, June 25-27, 2012.
Selected Honors and Awards
- Individual Innovation Award, National Digital Stewardship Alliance, 2014
- Jane B. and Robert B. Downs Professional Promise Award, Graduate School of Library and Information Science, University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign, 2012
- Alliance of Digital Humanities Organizations (ADHO) Young Scholar Bursary, Digital Humanities Conference 2011
- Data Curation Education Program Fellowship for the Humanities, 2009 - 2010
Service to the Profession
- Member, Digital Library Federation Advisory Committee, 2014-15
- Editor-at-Large, dh+lib review, news blog published by the ACRL Digital Humanities Discussion Group, 2013
- External Reviewer, Digital Studies at Davidson College, 2013
- Advisory Board Member, Shared Horizons: Data, Biomedicine, and the Digtial Humanities, 2013
- Facilitator, Project/Partnership Incubator, WebWise Conference, 2013
- Conference Co-Chair, Personal Digital Archiving Conference, 2013
- Co-Director, Digital Humanities Winter Institute, 2013.
- Program Planning Committee, Digital Library Federation (DLF) Fall Forum, 2012
- Co-Organizer, Humanities Data Curation Summit, Palo Alto, California, June 2011
- Founding Co-Editor, DH Curation: A Community Guide to Best Practices for Data Curation in the Humanities
- Peer reviewer, Digital Humanities Conference
- Peer reviewer, Text Encoding Initiative Conference
Service to the University of Maryland
- Search Committee Member, Vice President and Chief Information Officer, University of Maryland, 2014.
- Member, Infrastructure Working Group, University of Maryland Division of Information Technology, 2013-present
- Member, Library Faculty Research Fund Committee, University of Maryland Libraries, 2012-14
- Mentor, Staff Mentoring Program, University of Maryland Libraries, 2012-13
- Search Committee Chair, Senior Manager for Software Systems Design and Research, University of Maryland Libraries, 2012
- Search Committee Member, Research Programmer, Maryland Institute for Technology in the Humanities (MITH), 2012
- Member, Participatory Design Team, University of Maryland Libraries, Fall 2011
Professional Memberships & Affiliations
- Association for Computers and the Humanities (ACH), 2011–present
- The Association for Information Science & Technology (ASIS&T), 2011–2014